languages
Dear visitor; Welcome.

Academic resources for the study of Foreign Languages .
---------------------------------------------------------------

Registration will not take more than one minute,
GO ON!
languages
Dear visitor; Welcome.

Academic resources for the study of Foreign Languages .
---------------------------------------------------------------

Registration will not take more than one minute,
GO ON!

languages

Academic resources for the study of foreign languages

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Symploce

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
langues
Admin
Admin
langues

Symploce Empty
PostSubject: Symploce   Symploce I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb - 10:03

Quote :
Symploce: Figure of repetition that combines Anaphora and Epistrophe in which the first and last word or words in one phrase, clause, or sentence are repeated in one or more successive phrases, clauses, or sentences; repetition of the first and last words in a clause over successive clauses.

Ex: "Let us let our own children know that we will stand against the forces of fear. When there is talk of hatred, let us stand up and talk against it. When there is talk of violence, let us stand up and talk against it."

-- William Jefferson Clinton, Oklahoma Bombing Memorial Prayer Service Address

Further Examples

"...And I'm fallin' over...
I'm not like all of the other girls
I can't take it like the other girls
I won't share it like the other girls
That you used to know
You look so fine."

-- From the song "You Look So Fine" as delivered by Shirley Manson and Garbage.

"We owe protection to those men first, and we owe the security for their families if they die. I say it! I voice it! I proclaim it! And I care not who in heaven or hell opposes it!"

-- John Lewis

"No one should dare to even think about being the Commander in Chief of this country if he doesn't believe with all his heart that our soldiers are liberators abroad and defenders of freedom at home. But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my Party today...They claimed Carter's pacifism would lead to peace -- they were wrong. They claimed Reagan's defense buildup would lead to war -- they were wrong."

-- Zell Miller, 2004 Republican National Convention Address

"We remember today that all our gentle heroes of Vietnam have given us a lesson in something more: a lesson in living love -- their love for their families lives; their love for their buddies on the battlefields and friends back home lives; their love of their country lives."

-- Ronald Reagan, Address at the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial

"Much of what I say might sound bitter, but it's the truth. Much of what I say might sound like it's stirring up trouble, but it's the truth. Much of what I say might sound like it is hate, but it's the truth."

-- Malcolm X
TOPIC : Symploce  SOURCE : Linguistic Studies ** http://languages.forumactif.org/
Signature : langues
Back to top Go down
https://languages.forumotion.co.uk

Symploce

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
languages :: English :: litterature:-
Jump to: